Welcome to my online portfolio!
I am a UI designer and art director with outstanding visual, communication and teamwork skills. Continually striving to use a highly precise process of data informed design solutions which contribute to all parts of product life-cycle including research, whiteboarding, wire framing, limited interactive prototypes, (My skill set is not that of a developer) user testing, design specs and pixel-perfect mock ups facilitating product launch.
When I am not working on solving UI/UX problems I can most often be found spending quality time at home. Beating things with sticks, (the drums of course!), and listening to music. I love the out-of-doors and also hike, bike and walk. These are just a few of the distractions that help me achieve the perfect work-life balance.
Choosing the appropriate path through the UX landscape can be a rocky one to say the least. Comprehending the how, when, and why is a process I embrace. I try to mix and match all the techniques available to me as a UX designer to create a path best suited to each individual project.
• Owning the user-experience and visual design for Visit New England.com, including the navigation system, reference pages, landing pages, marketing emails and design assets.
• Defined the standards of usability and accessibility across all seven web properties.
• Designed and managed the development of a new site-wide navigation system increasing page discoverability, reduced page exits, providing scalability for future growth while optimizing for search engine via new page hierarchy.
• Lead front-end development teams and engaged with product stakeholders, peer designers, and content providers to solve business goals using the best practice principles of user-centered agile design processes.
• Spearheading UX/UI collaboration in the creation of a new system to forecast and organize new and existing data points to Top 5 Kellogg business owners.
• Applying in and out of market research and development methods in order to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge with team clearly and concisely.
• Creating style guides, content and messaging strategies, best practices and processes and communicated said out to cross functional teams on an ongoing basic.
• Ensuring that any content complies with corporate brand standards, corporate style guide, legal and compliance.
• Continually evaluating the usability of new and existing products while making constructive suggestions for change based on best UX/UI practices.
• Conducting usability reviews of programs design to understand potential usability issues around content, usability and user interface.
• Providing leadership on UX/UI project(s) efforts to ensure content and design meet business objectives and user needs.
• Responsible for all aspects of the design strategy and implementation for Original Manufacture dealership websites on both desktop and mobile.
• Balanced needs of client, brand and consumer to create highly compelling interactive shopping experiences. Clients included Lexus, General Motors, Hyundai, Mini, VW, Holden, Infiniti, and more.
• Utilized qualitative and quantitative research to understand consumer shopping behavior, motivational drivers and personalized needs.
• Created wire frames, prototypes, specifications.redlines and pixel perfect mock ups.
• Conducted iterative usability tests and managed design reviews of product build during agile demos.
• Responsible for the visual strategy and art direction of B2B and B2C applications and cross medium collateral.
• Working closely with the Creative Director to ensure that branding, strategy and delivery parallel Channelpoint’s design standards.
• Designed UI for web-enabled software products, created web-enabled applications for Fortune 50-500 insurance portals ensuring optimal usability.
• Creation of interactive prototypes from visual comps to html. Helped in the creation of Channelpoint style guide.
• Supervised and mentored teams of designers in user interface design principles and visual experience.
• Responsible for the growth of the brand-new media division of a successful technology services firm including new business development, client relations, and strategic planning.
• Creative and interactive production management of web and multimedia projects.
• Hiring and management of in-house and freelance designers and programmers.
• Coding in html for design solutions.